EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-25 07:04:28

jackuars

Multiple Mirror Search & Download

Was browsing through the Download Manager comparison at Wikipedia and noticed EagleGet doesn't support multiple mirror downloads

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison … d_managers

I'd like to ask EagleGet to add the same. It's been asked before here: http://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=680

Last edited by jackuars (2014-06-25 07:04:57)

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#2 2014-06-25 07:11:32

eastern

Re: Multiple Mirror Search & Download

hi jackuars,

i agree and i think one of the user also have suggest the same thing and i think developers can refer to multiget for instance.

#3 2014-06-25 15:12:20

MisterJ

Thanks, jackuars and eastern.  I have used this function in FDM (Free DM) and it does not work.  The problem with this feature is finding a source for the mirror URLs.  FDM could never find any.  I requested support for MetaLink and Meta4 in EG some time ago.  The initial file (kinda like torrents) is a text file containing mirror URLs and hash codes for chunks of the file.  I think this is a better way to go.  Go here, DL the Metalink or Meta4 file and open it with a text editor to see what it looks like.  Unfortunately these DLs are not widely supported.  Enjoy, John.

#4 2014-06-26 06:38:42

eastern

hi MIster J,

i have been testing this feature in multiget and it working well in my test so i think in order to mirror works well it depends on the link.

#5 2014-06-26 07:09:23

eastern

hi max316,

in my experience using resuming i think EG 2.0.0.5 Alpha 4 a lot of better than previous version but i wont denied it still need a lot more work to perfect it. Due to that i m always looking and testing other download manager such as XDM (Xtream download manager - http://xdman.sourceforge.net/ ) which in my opinion have the most perfect resume ability compare to EG & IDM as reference to developers.

Last edited by eastern (2014-06-26 07:12:35)

#6 2014-07-14 14:30:01

eagleget
Administrator

Thank you for yours continued support! (MisterJ, eastern, Max316, jackuars etc)

1. About the resume ability, We need yours to provide samples for testing.

2. The multiple mirror search & downloads features, We will add this feature as soon as possible.

EG is going to be all right. smile

#7 2015-03-02 12:36:07

jackuars

I wonder what's the status of this feature. Although not necessarily pushing, I see this feature in Free Download Manager and Internet Download Accelerator.

[To everyone else: I've cleaned up this thread about off-topic chat on various other download managers, we will have a separate sticky for that. It could also help in EagleGet's improvement. ]

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#8 2015-04-01 12:01:17

eastern

Hi,

There has been a long time since i asked feature request to be implement in a post, after review a lot of download manager i think EG still ahead in development and current version almost achieve a perfect score (just fix randomly resume capability & speed freeze at the last minute). I think this is the perfect times mentioning about this feature after looking at situation of EG.

The feature i want EG to implement is Mirrors Download so it can boost speed of download even greater the by combine a couple of link from different website (same file, size or else it wont be working). Some website provide a few downloads link to ease user downloads file and most of them is file hosting like this http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/H99EXEZP/ which can be a chance boost downloads speed.

Some of example of download manager using mirrors downloads is :

+multiget (basic) 2.0 alpha

frozen means the link not working then it will change the status to fine according to others and algorithm

789.png
screen capture

101112.png
screen capture

+Some will argue how can Mirrors Download improve EG?

Well to answer this question we must back to basis how to attract users to use EG. Most of User choose based on performance and feature rich that can be offer by a download manager. As long the download manager (DM) working great they will stick to the current DM. However, if there is another download manager can offer rich of feature with same performance which one will be their choice? technically the answer is more than one but back to theory they will choose feature rich if the performance are equal.

+Okay, why i dont asked this feature to any download manager other than EG?

First, after consider this for a long of time the one who can do this only EG because in the previous feature such as media grabber and video sniffer ordinary user almost lost their faith to support this DM development because of problem exist in those feature but now after working hard for months this feature become one of EG branding name. Secondly, others developers working part time so their not have enough time to fix current version bugs and anymore feature could be burden them meanwhile EG have a team that proven to be the fastest for a few years already. Lastly, only EG i see fit well with this feature compare to others because different DM known by different vibe because of that you can see group of loyal user for every DM eventhough they know the DM not perfect in some ways.

+Why should EG team burden themselves with new feature such as Mirrors Downloads?

this is a good question, Mirrors downloads just be build once and then it can be maintain just like others feature or when any bugs report by user. Compare to others DM, i personally have a faith mirrors download can be 4 pillars that support EG in the future beside video sniffer, media grabber & download panel. If there is any imperfect feature limitations in video sniffer, download panel, and media grabber Mirrors Downloads can be the one complete this just like famous quote all for one one for all.

Currenly EG foundations is Speed, Browser Integration and Resume Capability meanwhile the pillars that boost EG is Video sniffer, Media Grabber and Download Panel and in the future i hope Mirrors Download could be one of the pillars that support EG foundations. Thanks for reading and i hope Developers could take this matter seriously. Thanks again.

Last edited by eastern (2015-04-01 12:13:18)

#9 2015-04-01 12:25:13

eastern

My suggestion if developers interested in implement of mirrors, i suggest developers to add this feature here (red box) it just make sense where every space will be utilize efficiently without any need to change GUI of EG. you can put a box where URL can be input here just make it simple no need fancy one because in the end the result is count

screenshot_197.png
screen capture

Last edited by eastern (2015-04-01 12:28:25)

#10 2015-04-01 16:31:52

jackuars

Agree that it's been requested in the past and is available in IDA and FDM.

#11 2015-04-01 17:20:28

eastern

Yes if i'm not mistaken you also have request the same feature. I'm just remind developers by setup a new thread. Perhaps if you remember others request involving mirrors downloads can you post here?

#12 2015-04-02 08:22:19

jackuars

Requested threads:
a) Multiple Mirror Search & Download
b) http://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=342
c) http://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=680
d) http://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=1608
Voted up by
1. jackuars
2. eastern
3. MisterJ
4. Max316
5. 123
6. Shylon
7. cloudstr
8. johnlgalt

And agreed to by EagleGet...
Will sticky this thread

#13 2015-04-02 08:37:24

Max316

I have less knowledge on this one but is this feature able to resume without refresh download address as user cloudstr wrote? And what if there is only one download source of a file?

Off topic- Why was the user 123 banned? As far as I saw he made helpful posts and was help to Eagleget.

#14 2015-04-02 09:49:07

jackuars

Max316 wrote:

Off topic- Why was the user 123 banned? As far as I saw he made helpful posts and was help to Eagleget.

I've no idea, even I was wondering why. I'm unable to un-ban the user

#15 2015-04-02 15:12:08

eastern

Thanks Jackuars for your help finding those post i cant find the post except it list this post in the search list.

#16 2015-04-02 15:34:58

eastern

theoretically using p2p it is possible but not all site support this p2p which make refresh download address is the relevant choice today and if it is a single file it is still possible to be resume. However just like i said not many downloads using p2p because its require some support and not so popular. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

off topic - i'm sure EagleGet have a solid reason. lets leave it here and never talk about it again as i am also sure 123 contribution will be remember since he's one of the early members in the forum beside Mister J at the moment.

#17 2015-04-02 15:38:50

eastern

Oh yeah, i forgot to thanks EagleGet and Jackuars for making this thread a sticky which means (in my personal view) a better chance for this feature to be developed because user can have next expectations waiting for new feature to be implement smile

#18 2015-06-15 12:05:58

eagleget
Administrator

we are currently rebuilding the download engine(the feature about Multiple Mirror Search & Download will be supported.), it will be support most of the OS, but it take a long time. the progress of development is about 30% completed. But we have to put more effort into maintaining the EG on windows.

#19 2015-06-15 17:52:34

Max316

eagleget wrote:

we are currently rebuilding the download engine(the feature about Multiple Mirror Search & Download will be supported.), it will be support most of the OS, but it take a long time. the progress of development is about 30% completed. But we have to put more effort into maintaining the EG on windows.

Thanks for such hard work dev.

#20 2015-06-16 15:14:30

eastern

eagleget wrote:

THANKS AGAIN!!  i bet this must be have related with windows plan to using only one os in the future so this step was a huge one for EG to become next top DM. Thanks again

#21 2016-03-27 15:30:24

dika_saja

Hi everybody,
for new user, I'm happy to use this downloader so far. But i found a important feature is missing.
I can't add a mirror for file that being downloaded.

It very help when I'm downloading a big file. It can give boost for download speed.

Thanks.

Board footer