EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-02 12:46:09

jackuars

Off EagleGet: Discussion on Download Managers

Here you can discuss anything about various download managers that are available out there.

I'll list a few ones that are free. Ones that I have tagged as "Free" at the end has a "Pro" version too.

1. Download Accelerator Manager Free
2. Download Accelerator Plus Free
3. Download Ninja
4. FlareGet Free
5. FlashGet
6. Free Download Manager
7. GetGo Download Manager
8. Internet Download Accelerator Free
9. Xtreme Download Manager
10. uGet

Commercial Download Managers
1. GetRight
2. Internet Download Manager

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#2 2015-03-02 15:39:41

eastern

Re: Off EagleGet: Discussion on Download Managers

hi jackuars, thanks for this thread smile

the first download manager i will review is EagleGet & uGet

screenshot_177.png
screen capture

Recently uGet just release a new version and just now i can tested uGet due to a bug in uGet that not allowed me to running uGet. i will review these two download manager in terms of download speed, resume capability, user interface, browser integration,queue,usability,bugs & overall.

+ Download Speed

Generally, EG achieved a better speed when i m testing in speed 1mbps speed using Huawei E173 broadband ( 7.2 mbps maximum speed allowed). EG tend to slow down to 0 KB/s at final moment before the download completed which a bit disappointing me and uGet display speed a bit laggy so i think its speed perhaps not so accurate

+ Resume Capability

Without any doubt EG superior than uGet in resume capability after countless testing. uGet tend to download from beginning and manual refresh link also not working in this download manager

+ User Interface

In linux uGet UI really attractive but in windows i can say it possess a bad looks even IDM looks good than uGet. EG once again have a better UI than any download manager except Download Ninja (after new released the UI looks good but not practical because it took time to manage a lot of download at once)

+ Browser Integration

uGet depends on flashgot which limited its ability to download video. Some will argue flashgot allows user to integrate browser and download manager perfectly but some site cant be access with flashgot

+ Queue

uGet also allow queue but just a basic  not advanced like IDM or EG possess   

+ Usability

User who using uGet can use uGet but a lot of development must be carried out to achieved a perfect score

+ Bugs

EG currently still have a average bugs and this cant be avoided as this download manager offer as free not premium such as IDM which have a panel of profesional to testing the bugs

+ Overall

Users who prefer a superior download manager can choose EG as their download manager. uGet in my opinion just average download manager perhaps a few years need to develop an excellence download manager on par such as IDM or EG.

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-08 06:23:04)

#3 2015-03-02 17:17:05

Max316

Can any of above downloaders can download rtmp videos?

#4 2015-03-02 20:48:09

jackuars

Thanks for your excellent review as always eastern. uGet is a good alternative for Linux.

Waiting for your next comparison smile Am more interested to see your comparison with Internet Download Accelerator (IDA)

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#5 2015-03-03 05:26:02

eastern

i will post a few (probably Download Ninja) review in next few days. i need time to familiar myself with IDA so currently i'm not able to post review about IDA. i will post the review about IDA later smile

#6 2015-03-08 05:22:22

eastern

Next download manager review...

screenshot_175.png
screen capture

+Download Speed

In terms of speed download ninja still a bit behind EG where in my test download ninja max only about 850 KB/s compare to EG which max speed 1 Mbps

+Resume Capability

Both download manager have a great resume capability with little bugs. I got no complaints here because only a small bugs presents on both downloads in latest version.

+User Interface

Indeed DN UI more superior than EG but it is not practical where DN slow down user  due to intrusive UI especially DN using layer by layer of UI. So, user who preferred better UI DN is the answer but user who choose EG get more efficient management of downloads.

screenshot_178.png
screen capture

screenshot_182.png
screen capture

screenshot_183.png
screen capture

screenshot_179.png
screen capture

screenshot_181.png
screen capture

screenshot_180.png
screen capture

+Browser Integration

Clearly, EG (video sniffer, media grabber, download panel) more superior than DN and the only download manager that can rival EG in terms of browser integration is IDM for the moment.

+Queue

EG offer a freedom to user whether to download or queue. On the other hands DN focus more to queue. Both download manager queues very good but after take into accounts about the bugs present in the queue i decide to rate it as average.

+Usability

Both download manager working well but still a number of bugs present will affect the performance in the end

+Bugs

EG bugs:- failed to resume in certain cases where the download resumable, freeze

DN bugs:- There is no warning if user can resume or not , corrupt a small part of  download especially video (i really hate this one)

+Overall

Both download manager a great rival to each other but if you want to choose solely in terms of performance i think EG did well compare to DN

Next download manager review will be Xtream Download Manager...

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-08 06:36:19)

#7 2015-03-08 11:20:08

jackuars

Thanks for your review. Excellent as always big_smile

Actually I like Download Ninja's compact UI and it's animations. It's a really good DM. It just got an update days back, so the developer hasn't left the product.

IDA is the most feature rich and customizable download manager I've seen. It's more powerful than FDM and IDM in terms of features. I'd like to see it's review after you review XDM wink

#8 2015-03-08 12:42:56

eastern

Thanks Jackuars,

I will review IDA after i finished my testing with XDM (actually the review with XDM already finish but i want to confirm a few thing so the review got to be delay) in a few weeks. Actually Download Ninja did well but its feature especially browser integration still lacking and not to mention almost all files i download i must manually change the format and rename them due to DN cant  detect name from server just like EG did.

#9 2015-03-26 15:06:44

eastern

One of the dark horse in download manager world has arise again with new UI. i cant wait to test this new download manager!! EG will have to take a serious attention on how this download manager change.

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-26 15:38:52)

#10 2015-03-26 18:50:01

jackuars

eastern wrote:

One of the dark horse in download manager world has arise again with new UI. i cant wait to test this new download manager!! EG will have to take a serious attention on how this download manager change.

Which one? yikes

#11 2015-03-27 03:06:55

eastern

screenshot_187.png
screen capture

this new UI remind me of version 1.X of EG

#12 2015-03-27 03:08:19

eastern

i post the review in 2 days

user who which to test this download manager please be careful because XDM in the previous version tends to change proxy setting ( if you have no knowledge how to solve this you will stuck and wont be able to surf internet)

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-27 03:22:57)

#13 2015-03-27 06:07:34

jackuars

eastern wrote:

user who which to test this download manager please be careful because XDM in the previous version tends to change proxy setting ( if you have no knowledge how to solve this you will stuck and wont be able to surf internet)

What about this version?

How did you get this download? The latest version on the website and sourceforge is 4.7.2 released on 15-11-2014 which has the old UI.

#14 2015-03-27 10:54:08

eastern

jackuars wrote:
eastern wrote:

What about this version?

How did you get this download? The latest version on the website and sourceforge is 4.7.2 released on 15-11-2014 which has the old UI.

i get this here ( i think you just found without my help already jackuars tongue) http://sourceforge.net/p/xdman/discussi … it=25#ad6d

#15 2015-03-27 11:27:55

eastern

this version initial testing caused a few problem...

1- crash ( not just apps but whole OS)
2- change proxy system (untick use proxy and this problem solved)

EG will have a decent competitors from now on (Download Ninja & XDM)

#16 2015-03-27 13:39:25

ZX

FDM 5 Preview also has a better new UI

#17 2015-03-27 16:21:22

eastern

thanks ZX for remind me smile

#18 2015-03-29 11:31:02

eastern

screenshot_192.png
screen capture

+ Download Speed

EG clearly faster but as i m always said EG freeze 0 kb/s at the last moment meanwhile XDM have a lower speed but have a stability in its download speed

+ Resume Capability

EG tends to messed up in my testing ( i cant figure out at all when EG will messed up a resume as it happn randomly), XDM very excellent in this aspect even IDM not a match up for this feature

+ User Interface

XDM 5 Beta got a new UI which similarity in previous old version of EG almost same (design and colour which is not a bad thing) but old UI still present in this version for example pop up when download finish and etc.

+ Browser Integration

i think there is no need for me to discuss regarding this aspect because EG clearly in its own class with download panel, video sniffer, media grabber compare to XDM which have a limited browser integration but working great.

+ Queue

XDM have a basic queue, not so bad it does its job and EG possess a better way queue but still there is bugs present randomly

+ Usability

XDM is basic download manager but does its job efficiently in resume download or queue. EG an advanced download manager with a lot of feature but random bugs in main feature (resume capability, speed, browser integration) clearly not a good sign because it will affect EG reputation.

+ Bugs

EG : 0 kb/s freeze at last moment, randomly messed up with resume capability, cant download from gmail or yahoo mail

XDM : change proxy, crash OS ( using RAM too much), resize (frame) apps do not have limit so you will stuck at small frame which cant be resize

+ Overall

XDM is a great DM but advance with slow pace but each time its release to new version you can expect a lot of improvement for example new UI or better performance however with its new beta version i can clearly see the future XDM working on to reach in a few years just that please fix proxy change because this stopped me from surfing internet even after i uninstalled this DM

EG clearly have the most potential DM to beat IDM in a few years with new version release in a month we can expect a lot from EagleGet Team but sometimes random bugs with main feature which is basic to this DM give a negative impact to reputation of EG so i hope you guys can fix this.

Developers of EG i will always support you and strive hard to give feedback to this download manager even in the future. EG is the first download manager i give feedback and i still remember how EG implement a few my request back then eventhough i'm an ordinary user.

Developers of XDM please continue your works and never stopped this DM development just because of lacks supporters just keep going just like EG did few years back and i m sure XDM will be known to the world.

* i testing both download manager in folowwing site using firefox:

+Gmail
+Yahoo Mail
+File Hostings (share beast, media fire, solid files, Tusfiles
+video such as youtube, videoweed, dailymotion etc

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-29 12:13:09)

#19 2015-03-29 11:55:46

eastern

next review as i promised will be IDA...:)

#20 2015-03-29 11:56:24

jackuars

Thank you for another incredible review eastern. Your reviews are worth reading.

XDM has a lot of potential but like Download Ninja it's a one-man job. It's gonna be pretty rough to maintain.

#21 2015-03-29 12:01:43

eastern

yes i agree with only a single man doing all this kind of jobs it will be tough but i salute them even EG did once begin with a one-man aspiration.

#22 2015-03-30 14:34:00

eastern

last time i saw this list only a few website could be use to download using media grabber and now it become such a long list!

http://www.eagleget.com/video-grabber-video-websites/

i guess EG pretty busy with this long list

Last edited by eastern (2015-03-30 15:17:30)

#23 2015-04-29 15:13:13

eastern

okay finally after a busy days working i have a time to write a review IDA vs EG. i post in a couple of days smile

#24 2015-05-10 10:37:16

eastern

screenshot_227.png
image upload no compression

Sorry guys IDA seems unable to integrate with my browser so i think table here will be enough to explain all about IDA. It is not fair to compare both download manager when one of them not functioning well.

Last edited by eastern (2017-07-17 15:35:40)

#25 2015-05-10 14:26:11

Havokdan

Uget 2 out.

Board footer