EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-18 06:41:57

jackuars

How to download videos from Chromium& Firefox Browsers using extension

I've seen that if you download the extension from the Chrome webstore , which is 2.1.2 instead of a prior version from the EagleGet installation, the download bar is no longer present but instead the extension itself is highlighted to detect videos playing in the browser. I think this is a good move, as it clears out the floating download bar which many have told to be a nuisance. But the users doesn't seem to find it easily, that you can download it that way.

Is it possible to provide a tooltip or a pop-up menu from the extension when starting the browser for the first time after installing the extension or when a video is detected, to show that clicking on the extension will let you download videos from the browser. I agree that the red highlight [13] shows you that, but it still doesn't become obvious to the user. Also if you liked the new format instead of the floating Download bar, give a +1 to the new feature below.

Cd6RgGL.png
SG1C6Zag.png

Last edited by jackuars (2016-04-22 04:57:58)

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#2 2015-05-18 15:14:33

eastern

Re: How to download videos from Chromium& Firefox Browsers using extension

this remind me of downloadhelper feature...i dont see any problem implement this but i wonder if others feature such as download bar will not show list of download again if this feature add into new version?

i will agree if download bar remain still and this feature add into the new version ( i personally have been using this and based on my experience this feature has a flaw in the few website so any move trying to remove download bar will hit EG back in  the future)

Last edited by eastern (2015-05-18 15:18:22)

#3 2015-05-22 05:08:00

eagleget
Administrator

jackuars & eastern , because npapi has disable by chrome, we cannot interact with native EG program,  so we're going to have to do a lot of work for the new extesnion. the new extension compatible with the old plugins. So far, the new version of extension can handle all the functions that the old extension provided.

'Is it possible to provide a tooltip or a pop-up menu from the extension when starting the browser for the first time after'

good ideal, we will consider it in the nearly version. thanks

#4 2015-05-29 20:01:40

jackuars

eagleget wrote:

good ideal, we will consider it in the nearly version. thanks

I see that you have added tips for the Media Grabber. But I was talking about a tooltip for the extension icon in the browser as shown in the figure above. Because users can't understand that with the new way you simply need to click on the extension icon in Chrome to download videos detected.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#5 2015-07-10 06:46:03

cornkorn

may i ask what happen to dropdown menu of E.G.  in Cyberfox64 when i dl flash ; the dropdown menu isn't there...

Board footer