EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-01 23:51:21

kltpzyxmrm

Merging dash files

According to the instructions here, Downloading 480p and 1080p Youtube videos with audio,

"Check if the path to FFMpeg downloaded has been set right in the Location folder by clicking the "Browse" button."

When I first downloaded FFMpeg.exe, by default it was automatically placed in the EGDownloads folder. 

I use Eagleget portable.  In the settings I have changed the Eagleget default download folder location, which is not in the Eagleget folder.

Where exactly is "set right in the Location folder" Does FFMpeg.exe need to be in the EGDownloads folder, or in the downloads folder I have chosen?

I tried to download youtube files in the dash format. and during the download it displays the video file being download, but in the download folder is only the audio file. 

I changed the download folder back to the EGDownloads, and moved FFMpeg.exe, but it still only get an audio file

#2 2016-11-02 12:46:47

heka

Re: Merging dash files

This has nothing to do with the location of FFMpeg. It is just a bug with Eagleget versions "2.0.4.16" and "2.0.4.17" (http://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=3174)

You should probably use the "2.0.4.15" version until this bug is fixed. Works fine for me no matter what the location of FFMpeg is.

#3 2016-11-12 00:25:44

kltpzyxmrm

heka wrote:

You should probably use the "2.0.4.15" version until this bug is fixed. Works fine for me no matter what the location of FFMpeg is.

Took your advice, and thus far Eagleget is working beautifully,

I am curious about one thing.  I assume that any given file list captured at YouTube is sequenced by quality and size, with the the dash files at the top of the list.  But is there a way to identify dash files?

My reason for asking is that I wanted to test the dash conversion. 

I downloaded files I believed were dash files and, if that was the case, not only were the download times the fastest I have witnessed, but they were converted almost instantly. 

Is that typical of how quickly dash files are converted?

#4 2016-11-15 14:09:15

heka

kltpzyxmrm wrote:

I am curious about one thing.  I assume that any given file list captured at YouTube is sequenced by quality and size, with the the dash files at the top of the list.  But is there a way to identify dash files?

Eagleget usually adds [00] at the end of the name when downloading dash videos.

Image_1.png

Image_3.png

It then changes to [01] when the audio is downloading.

Image_2.png

#5 2016-12-09 20:11:09

kltpzyxmrm

Thanks!

Board footer