EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-30 02:59:42

AlanC

Resume existing files?

Hi,

I'm new to EagleGet and would like to use it as my routine download manager. However, there is a task I can't seem to configure - resume a file already partially downloaded (and possibly started by a different client). This file is perfectly OK, but truncated.

Free Download Manager, for example, can configure a download in three different ways, depending on what already exists in the download folder:

1. Overwrite
2. Rename
3. Resume

I can see that EagleGet does 1 and 2 (with the 'Overwrite Existing Files' option), but I can't see how to set up 3, the Resume option.

Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up?

Thanks for any advice,
Alan

#2 2017-06-10 20:29:46

jackuars

Re: Resume existing files?

How does the Import function work for you? Go to configuration and import .egt file or from EG database. If it's in either of these formats you can resume the partially downloaded file.

If you want to resume the file that's already in the tasks list of Eagleget, you can right click on the task inside EG interface and click on Refresh Link address if it's expired.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#3 2017-06-12 08:23:36

AlanC

Thanks for the reply.

I think those options will apply once I get going in EagleGet. The current issue is a bunch of orphaned downloads that are sound but truncated. They're caused by a flaky connection that kept dropping out. I should be able to finish them somehow, if I have the URLs and the host supports resuming.

Maybe a feature to consider?

#4 2017-06-13 20:38:14

jackuars

I'm not sure about this, but you could try changing the extension of these files to .egt and then import it to EagleGet by using Import/Export from .egt file function in Eagleget.

When it's added to the tasks in EG, try refreshing the link to see if it resumes or even identifies the file.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#5 2017-06-14 00:12:06

AlanC

I tried renaming and importing one of the files. The blobs on the import form spin round for far too long, and when the dust settles the file length is reported as 477868288.0 GB (it should be ~300 MB). You can't use the OK button, only the Cancel, so you don't get to the tasks list.

FWIW the other downloader I tried takes another approach. You enter the URL first and make sure the 'Get File Name from Server' option is unchecked. Then you enter/select the name of an existing (truncated) file and, as long as the server supports resuming, the download carries on where it left off. Note that files in this case were started in a Chrome browser and simply renamed from '.crdownload'. Obviously you can't deal with another downloader's file if it's multi-segmented (not that I allow that with a flaky connection).

The problem with that particular downloader is it always seems to miss some bytes off the end in this resume mode. That's no problem if the end is just movie credits; it's a big problem if the file is part of an archive set.

The search goes on, but thanks for your help and suggestions.

Last edited by AlanC (2017-06-14 00:13:55)

Board footer