EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-24 11:26:14

xprt007

Integrated malware in an otherwise fabulous program?

Hi

I recently came across Eagleget and was looking forward to using it, because of its features and the positive comments on its functionality from different sites.
I was intending to install & use it and give a review of it on some software site.
Something that nowadays cannot be ignored, though is its score at Virustotal.com [https://virustotal.com/en/file/48c95c4f … 495619888/] where it's said to contain "Trojan.InstallCore.3052" (DrWeb), "PUP.Optional.BundleInstaller" (Malwarebytes) & "Suspicious_GEN.F47V0504" (TrendMicro-HouseCall). Also similar comments at FileHippo, apparently triggered by rejection by some security software.

A preliminary check showed related comments by some users have not be responded to.

Would it not be great to remove the evil elements?

Kind regards

Last edited by xprt007 (2017-05-24 13:36:22)

#2 2017-05-25 22:37:33

jackuars

Re: Integrated malware in an otherwise fabulous program?

Read more about it here: https://forum.eagleget.com/viewtopic.php?id=3142

It shows you why EagleGet had to be bundled with optional offers that can be declined during installation, much like most of the freeware programs out there. I can assure you there's no malware, as the "detections" are for these optional offers during installation.

It could be evil, but it's a necessary evil.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#3 2017-05-31 22:08:53

xprt007

Hi

OK, thank you for the clarification ...
The few times I have tested it, show it's a type of download manager I have been looking for for a while, with lots of features ... esp. the video capture function.

Regards

#4 2017-07-19 01:22:32

tyr-krieg

xprt007 wrote:

Hi

I recently came across Eagleget and was looking forward to using it, because of its features and the positive comments on its functionality from different sites.
I was intending to install & use it and give a review of it on some software site.
Something that nowadays cannot be ignored, though is its score at Virustotal.com [https://virustotal.com/en/file/48c95c4f … 495619888/] where it's said to contain "Trojan.InstallCore.3052" (DrWeb), "PUP.Optional.BundleInstaller" (Malwarebytes) & "Suspicious_GEN.F47V0504" (TrendMicro-HouseCall). Also similar comments at FileHippo, apparently triggered by rejection by some security software.

A preliminary check showed related comments by some users have not be responded to.

Would it not be great to remove the evil elements?

Kind regards

Can you confirm that for the current portable version as well?

I just scanned @ virus total 10 infects but sort of to me crap AV's

I unpacked zip scanned with malwarebytes corporate = CLEAN

Windows Defender = CLEAN

Board footer