EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-28 13:18:08

plb7777

[POLL] Download video bar on web video player

Dear developers;

Its the correct time you bring back download bar on the video player just like old EG 1.x. I hope it will not be so difficult for you to do it now. Everything is in order now just focus on GUI improvements, Browser integration thats it..

Thanking you

#2 2017-09-19 11:08:12

jackuars

Re: [POLL] Download video bar on web video player

This was one of the main reasons why I liked EagleGet in the beginning. I wanted something exactly similar to IDM and EagleGet gave me this. It didn't take long for me to switch from the paid former one to the latter free one.

Now as technology inside the browsers is constantly evolved, you must be seeing that the extension bar is where most of the capturing activities take place. Take for instance adblocker (uBlock) or any other extension, where all the information is seen through a drop down link. This kept the main webpage clean of all the clutter that these extensions brought [yeah including the utterly hateful toolbars, there are certain download managers that still does this!].

Many users did complain that they didn't want the download bar to affect their experience of watching videos in browsers, especially when the download bar starts dancing and shifting it's positions on the webpage making it harder for them to close everytime or disable it permanently, yet still not affect being able to download videos that they chose. Hence the extension mode has replaced this function altogether.

Moreover I would like to know why you consider having a download bar inside the webpage is a better option than clicking on the extension to download videos, since you support this feature for long.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, Chrome and EagleGet latest version always big_smile

#3 2017-09-20 14:14:58

plb7777

Re: [POLL] Download video bar on web video player

Thanks jackuars for the reply... Everything is fine but when it comes to download from sites like Facebook which have multiple videos on single page than I get confused what to download. That's why I need video bar to select my videos... Best  solution is to provide both if possible than it would be great to switch between..

Thanks hope you got my point..

Board footer