EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-23 22:37:42

MisterJ

Some observations and questions.

I spent some time testing EagleGet this morning on IE9, W7 x64 running under a VM (VMware Player).  I was very positively impressed with the simplicity and speed.  I DLed two files at my maximum ISP DL capability.  One was about 74 MB and one 1.7 GB.  The maximum number of threads was set to 10 but I never saw more than 8 using TCPview (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi … 97437.aspx).  I also feel that even 10 is too few for faster connections.  I have just 30 Mbs and use 20 connections when running Free Download Manager.  I see a file in my DL folder with the same name as the DLed file plus .egt.  I was surprised that this file remained after the DL (1.7 GB in the second case).  I also saw activity in the IE cache (using the Task Manager Resource Monitor) and wondered what this was (IE was closed after starting the DL).  A couple of request:

Option to allow the file modified date to be set to the value on the server.
Option for an integrity check based on a hash code.
Option for a virus scan using the installed AV.
Allow maximum threads of at least 16 and perhaps 32.
Since I will not be using torrents and probably not video DLs, a Lite version without these (ala, FDM Lite).
Option to display more details of the DL, perhaps this was what was going on with the IE cache - then just a method of showing.
Option for batch DL via txt file of URLs or multiple manual DLs.

Great start and very usable program!  Thanks and enjoy, J.

EDIT:  Whoops, bad news.  I just checked the hash codes on the 1.7 GB file.  The true file name has bad hash codes but the file name + .egt has the correct hash codes.  Both files have the same and correct byte count.

Last edited by MisterJ (2013-01-24 02:51:14)

#2 2013-01-24 05:55:32

eagleget
Administrator

Re: Some observations and questions.

Many thanks to your review and suggestions! The new functions you've mentioned will be added to the future versions, and I'll check the file hash problem immediately. wink

EagleGet uses its own transfer engine to accelerate downloads. If you don't want EagleGet to download web videos, please disable the "Show Record button on multimedia contents" option under Configurations.

Have a nice day.

#3 2013-01-24 16:52:27

MisterJ

Thanks, eagleget.  Here is a link to the 1.7 GB file (WAIK): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … px?id=5753
I would like to hear your comments on the second file (.egt) left in the DL folder.  I discovered that the IE cache is being used for temporary copies of parts of the DLed files.  Enjoy, J.

Last edited by MisterJ (2013-01-24 17:21:31)

#4 2013-01-26 08:00:00

eagleget
Administrator

I would like to make one thing clear, that is, we are using our own transfer engine to download files. smile

For the case that you've mentioned, I will try to identify the reasons as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Board footer