EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-06 23:09:22

kltpzyxmrm

Eagleget breaks Firefox built in download manager

When I try "save link as" it either fails or does not register at all in the Firefox drop down menu or "show all downloads" page.

When I disable Eagleget, the built-in download manager completes the download.

Example:  https://coupons.albertsons.com/weeklyad/?s=

Will the Eagleget addon enabled, try to right click on the "Download/Print" link and attempt to "save link As".

Then try the same thing with the Eagleget addon disabled

Screenshot-1.png

Firefox 70.01, EagleGet 2.1.5.20 Stable (August 12, 2019), windows 10 Pro 1903

#2 2019-11-07 17:04:53

plb7777

Re: Eagleget breaks Firefox built in download manager

kindly check pause eagleget monitoring by pressing alt+ctrl in settings. then try to download pressing alt+ctrl. If problem persist then please do write here again.

#3 2019-11-07 20:20:37

kltpzyxmrm

Re: Eagleget breaks Firefox built in download manager

This problem plagued and annoyed me for a long time.  I searched the internet for an answer, thinking it was a Firefox bug, and could never come up with an answer.  One thing was that if i tried to do a built-in "save as" multiple times, sometimes it would eventually work.

But lately, the "save as" never worked, no matter how many consecutive times I tried.  It had to be an addon causing it, so I restarted in safe mode and it was confirmed,   But when I restarted in normal mode, the "save as' started working again even with Eagleget enabled.

So I never connected the problem to Eagleget.  Then, just before I posted I thought, what if Eagleget is interfering, and obviously, I discovered it was.

I been using Eagleget for years, but I never heard that before.  Would you consider that a well known function of Eagleget? I'll wager a lot of people, like me, were and are ignorant of this feature.

alt+ctrl worked, but It's inconvenient, so I would much prefer not having to do that every time i want to "save as". 

I would like to request that the developers find another way to do this in upcoming versions.

I tried many download managers over the years, and never seen one do this.  I guess my only other alternative is to leave Eagleget disabled until I need it, another inconvenience.

Last edited by kltpzyxmrm (2019-11-07 20:26:57)

Board footer