EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-24 13:12:06

Ron

My Suggestion on a New Function

Hi, EagleGet. I'm Ron from China. My English is not very good, so let me know please if you cannot fully understand me.
  My suggestion is that maybe you can add the function of download cache to the EagleGet. I think this function can make
the program less harmful to the hard disk drive.
  Best wishes from Ron.

#2 2013-04-24 13:34:21

eagleget
Administrator

Re: My Suggestion on a New Function

Ron wrote:

Hi, EagleGet. I'm Ron from China. My English is not very good, so let me know please if you cannot fully understand me.
  My suggestion is that maybe you can add the function of download cache to the EagleGet. I think this function can make
  Best wishes from Ron.

Hi Ron, I can understand what you say. Thanks for your suggestion.

Do you think the disk cache is really necessary? There seems to be no relationship between the failure rates and usage of the hard disk according to Google's research "Failure Trends in a Large Disk Drive Population" (you can download this pdf in Google).

#3 2013-04-25 15:51:20

Ron

eagleget wrote:
Ron wrote:

Best wishes from Ron.

Do you think the disk cache is really necessary? There seems to be no relationship between the failure rates and usage of the hard disk according to Google's research "Failure Trends in a Large Disk Drive Population" (you can download this pdf in Google).

Hi, EagleGet, I read the article you recommended, and it seems that download cache is not so necessary:-) Thanks for your interpretation.
Besides, I've found that the Chinese Simplified translation of the latest EagleGet is not so perfect, how can I help improve the translation?

#4 2013-04-26 15:38:03

eagleget
Administrator

Ron wrote:
eagleget wrote:
Ron wrote:

Best wishes from Ron.

Hi, EagleGet, I read the article you recommended, and it seems that download cache is not so necessary:-) Thanks for your interpretation.
Besides, I've found that the Chinese Simplified translation of the latest EagleGet is not so perfect, how can I help improve the translation?

Sure! I'll send guidelines to you mail address. smile

#5 2013-04-27 03:57:59

Ron

eagleget wrote:
Ron wrote:

Hi, Mayer. I read your email, and I really expect the new features;)
P.S. A small bug detected. The detail is as follows:
When I want to delete an unfinished task, a popup dialog will appear and confirm my delete. I've chosen "Don't show this dialog again", but this dialog will jump out again when I restart my PC. Would you like to check this bug out please?

#6 2013-04-27 16:21:21

eagleget
Administrator

Ron wrote:
eagleget wrote:
Ron wrote:

When I want to delete an unfinished task, a popup dialog will appear and confirm my delete. I've chosen "Don't show this dialog again", but this dialog will jump out again when I restart my PC. Would you like to check this bug out please?

Hi Ron. Thank you for reporting this bug. I'll look into it. smile

#7 2013-05-02 05:16:04

Ron

eagleget wrote:
Ron wrote:
eagleget wrote:

Hi Ron. Thank you for reporting this bug. I'll look into it. smile

Hi, Mayer, thanks for your consideration. Well, actually this bug appears each time I restart EagleGet instead of the reboot of my PC.

Board footer