EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-29 19:06:54

MisterJ

Initial comments on 1.0.8.0preview2.

Please note eagleget's note here:

Warning
Uninstalling the v1.0.8 preview 2 may delete your start menu items! Sorry for the inconvenience. Please DO NOT uninstall v1.0.8 preview 2 at this time.

1.0.8.0preview2 looks very good so far.  For a rather high speed connection (mine is 50 Mbs) EG yields excellent DL speeds.  My DLs run at full ISP speeds throughout (using 32 connections, but perhaps 20 is enough).  I was surprised and pleased to see my Settings preserved from the previous version.  The DL speed reporting inaccuracy seems to be corrected.  I have DLed many files and several videos with no problems.  I do see the New DL dialog for videoplayback.txt files during video DLs.  Enjoy, J.

EDIT: I added eagleget.com to the "Don't monitor the following sites" but all three browsers do capture the DL.
1_0_8_0preview8xxx.jpg

EDIT:  I did a batch DL on several MS Updates, so I changed the default folder name from General to MS Updates.  The next time I used batch DL, the default was MS Updates.  General was missing from the pull down list.  However Documents\EagleGet Downloads was on the list.  I do not use the EG folder in my Documents folder.  BTW, when I use right click to copy this folder name from "Save to" input line, Copy was spelled Cupy.

Last edited by MisterJ (2013-05-30 16:05:32)

#2 2013-05-30 03:52:09

eagleget
Administrator

Re: Initial comments on 1.0.8.0preview2.

Hi J, since you've changed the General folder to MS Updates, the MS Updates folder will be the new general folder. I'm trying to let EagleGet remember the paths you've used. smile

Once you enabled Universal Capture Mode, the following configurations will be temporarily unavailable. Sorry for that...
* Pause browser monitoring by pressing ALT key
* Don’t monitor the following sites

#3 2013-05-30 16:05:16

MisterJ

Re: Initial comments on 1.0.8.0preview2.

Thanks, eagleget.  I should have said that I tried "Don’t monitor the following sites" with Universal Capture Mode both enabled and disabled and EG always captured the DL.  I just tried it again and all three browsers captured the DL.  Enjoy, J.

Board footer