EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-04 12:45:38

jackuars

EagleGet crashing Slimboat and Qupzilla

It's good to see that EagleGet is having the universal capture mode, and because of which it even transfers downloads from webkit browsers like Slimboat and Qupzilla. The videos are downloaded fine from these browsers with EagleGet and am surprised to see that EagleGet can capture it. Does it really have support for these browsers?

The problem is that when downloading other url's except videos, i.e direct downloads, the downloads are transferred to EagleGet but these 2 browsers crashes everytime when the download is transferred.

Please fix this issue.

Slimboat: http://www.slimboat.com/en/

Qupzilla: http://www.qupzilla.com/

Last edited by jackuars (2013-08-04 12:46:34)

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

#2 2013-08-04 13:28:36

eagleget
Administrator

Re: EagleGet crashing Slimboat and Qupzilla

jackuars, Thanks for your feedback, We will check this problem as soon as possible. smile

#3 2013-08-04 14:58:50

MisterJ

jackuars, thanks for the report.  I installed Slimboat and went to the EagleGet home site and DLed EagleGet.  The DL went fine but Slimboat issued a message that it was about to crash and did, creating a dump file.  I suspect there is a procedure that they have to receive the dump files.  I suggest you follow the procedure and send both browsers development crews the respective dumps so they can debug the problem.  At least Slimboat is still in early development and would be expected to have bugs.  They need to see the dumps.  In the future, please post problems in the Report Bugs sub-forum.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Last edited by MisterJ (2013-08-04 15:00:50)

#4 2013-08-05 02:52:18

jackuars

MisterJ, Slimboat is extremely stable and the went stable during last year. The downloads are fine with all other download managers like IDM, and even their built-in downloader, but it crashes everytime when EagleGet captures the downloads. The url downloads transfer fine, but these browsers crash everytime, so the issue should be within EagleGet.

Btw, EagleGet doesn't transfer downloads from Palemoon (Firefox variant), even though I don't expect that since it's not one of the supported browsers, still I thought the universal capture mode could do something about it. I wonder how IDM has support for all browsers..

Thanks for posting the link to the Report bugs section, you may move this thread over there.

#5 2013-08-05 15:30:18

MisterJ

Thanks, jackuars.  If there is a mechanism to send in the dump, I would still suggest your doing it so that the problem gets looked at from both ends.  eagleget said the EG developers will look at it.  Does Palemoon have the ability to accept Add-ins?  If so, you might try installing the EG Firefox add-on (see here) as a test.  Let us hear if you do.  I do not have the permission to move your thread.  It is fine here.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

#6 2013-08-13 05:00:00

jackuars

Found that the problem is with Slimboat itself, as it has issues with Softpedia site. Other than that all other downloads from Slimboat is getting transferred to EagleGet without any problems

I guess EagleGet works great with any webkit browser

Board footer