EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-03 15:37:56

alirezanoori

Show the captured URL in properties

When a file is captured from a page for download, the page's URL should be added to task's properties and show up in properties window. Sometimes it's needed to refer back to that page. (for example the YouTube link)

#2 2013-10-03 21:28:17

nexaen
Website

Re: Show the captured URL in properties

+1 (the referrer link)

#3 2013-10-03 23:25:39

alirezanoori

I should clarify that the referrer might be different than the URL of the captured page.

#4 2013-10-04 01:55:03

MisterJ

Thanks, alirezanoori and nexaen.  Do you really think there is a general need for this?  What would you use it for?  Remember developers are a limited resource.  Enjoy, John.

#5 2013-10-04 11:57:06

alirezanoori

Absolutely. Suppose you download a video from YouTube. The URL of the file will be something like this:
http://r4---sn-a0jpm-a0me.c.youtube.com … layback?cp...

But if you want to see that video again on the YouTube website, you won't be able to do that.

Also, I should mention that Internet Download Manager has this feature. And I have used A LOT of times.

#6 2013-10-04 17:23:54

MisterJ

Thanks, alirezanoori.  I speak only for myself (a user), but EG is not IDM.  IDM is a paid application and EG is free, for example.  I have posted another reply (rant, please see post #4) here concerning users asking for IDM features.  Enjoy, John.

#7 2013-10-04 17:31:00

alirezanoori

I didn't want to set off some arguments by mentioning IDM, but as a software developer, I have to say that if your goal is to have a noticeable place on the software market it doesn't matter if your program is paid or free, you have to bring as many features as you want. Not just features from competition, but more than that. Otherwise what would be the point to write yet another download manager?

I'm using IDM for several years and quite frankly I'm happy with it (except the UI), but I decided to disable IDM for a week and use EG to give it a chance. I did my part by posting more than a few feedback posts in this forum. I thought EG could be a replacement for IDM, but maybe I was wrong!!

#8 2013-10-04 18:57:53

MisterJ

Thanks, alirezanoori.  Please remember when you use the word "you" in the context above, you are not referring to me (MisterJ).  I am a user not a developer.  I do not get to say what features get implemented in EG but I am welcome to give my opinion and that is what I am doing - giving my opinion.  I do not know where the developers will take EG but I, like many, would like to help guide it.  I do not think implementing all the features of all the paid DLMs is the way to go.  EG would end up bloated, slow and very difficult to maintain.  I, for one, want a fast DL manager that can keep my ISP 100% full speed and not use many seconds (minutes in some cases) allocating files and copying files at the end of a DL.  If I need to give up some bells and whistles of IDM, IDA or others, I accept that.  Enjoy, John.

#9 2013-10-05 11:42:25

jacob374

I have to say that if your goal is to have a noticeable place on the software market it doesn't matter if your program is paid or free, you have to bring as many features as you want. Not just features from competition, but more than that. Otherwise what would be the point to write yet another download manager?

Smile PlzZZzzz…(Usman Malik)…!!!

#10 2013-10-05 13:55:14

eastern

hi,
i personally thinking that even with all those features mentioned above what is the point if developers have to make this software as paid?...personally the reason i trying and make EG as my main downloader is obviously because it is free and developers willing to listen to comment from user seriously in order to improve its function...and since i trying EG i committed to help developers to perfect it.

until today i have trying almost 50 download manager and i find 3 of them at the top of my list that is IDM,EG, and Flareget...two of this software is paid apps and EG offer the same function (even better) than both download manager with no price! so as a user we have the right to suggest a new feature but developers will make the choice...for example i have suggest a few thing and sometimes it was accepted and sometimes its dont thus i understand the feeling to be acknowledge by suggesting an idea we think could improve EG. i repeat we can only planning what the best but as the developers they know what is the best as we could never to be in their place even we said we understand their hardship

i am not trying to blame anyone but we must be rational because we live in the world that same and difference at the same time...

and i apologize if anyone hurt by my comment...think positive smile

#11 2013-10-05 18:43:16

MisterJ

Thanks alirezanoori, nexaen, jacob374 (welcome) and eastern.  I am really glad that you all are here.  I think it is important to EG to have many opinions from people with different interests, skills and experience.  I don't expect I will always agree with all nor do I expect them to agree with me.  I hope we can all contribute to EG and it will be better for the effort and I hope you all will stick around and continue to post and help.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

#12 2013-10-11 04:13:11

jackuars

until today i have trying almost 50 download manager and i find 3 of them at the top of my list that is IDM,EG, and Flareget...two of this software is paid apps and EG offer the same function (even better) than both download manager with no price!

Same as mine too....I have used IDM in the past till EG came along, and I currently use FlareGet on Linux Mint O.S as I'm dual booting my system on Win 7 and Linux.

I think FlareGet is the best download manager for Linux, the only feature missing in the freeware version is support for threads more than 4, which is not a great deal for me. Other than that it's top notch in terms of features compared to any download manager for Linux.

I wonder if EagleGet could be available for Linux sometime in the future..I wish smile

Last edited by jackuars (2013-10-11 04:14:06)

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

Board footer