EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-10 17:42:16

Karnivore

Stop Eagleget auto-capturing videos?

Quick question as this has been annoying me ever since I downloaded this program a couple years ago.

If I play a streamable video in my browser, I do NOT want the EG window to stop the video, pop up a window and ask me to download it. With other programs like IDM it'll show a download button hovering on the side if you want to download it.

I've gone into Configuration > Monitoring > Remove all files types from auto downloading and yet the same thing happens.

I was looking at this today as I missed the game:
https://streamable.com/ebfe

If I press play the video doesn't even begin playing, it just opens the EG download window. How do I stop it? I'd like EG to give me the option to download, but not auto start downloading.

Thanks

#2 2016-09-11 16:58:39

jackuars

Re: Stop Eagleget auto-capturing videos?

Those aren't the videos that are streaming which get auto-downloaded, but certain scripts on the site that act like normal download links. You can click on 'Dont Monitor This Site' when the window pop's up automatically, so that you can still download the video as you want it, but stop downloading unnecessary scripts.

UIkND9S.png

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

#3 2016-09-11 19:21:12

Karnivore

I saw that option, but it's not a helpful one. I need that as an actual option in the settings, something like 'Don't moniter any sites', let me click the Eagleget add on if I want to get a video.

I just went on the IMDB forum and accidently clicked their facebook link. It contains a number of trailers and Eagleget tried to open about 20 or 30 downloads automatically, then crashed.

It's an awful feature that either needs to be removed or given to us as an option so NO video or link is auto captured unless I specifically say so. It's the sole reason I stuck with IDM because it didn't crash my PC when I visited a page with lots of videos.

It appears to be very random for me anyway. On Youtube it's fine.

EDIT: I've even just unticked the 'Monitor All' option, went back to the site and Eagleget is STILL trying to download videos. How do I stop it from automatically trying to download everything without having to do it indivudally for every site I visit?

EDIT 2: Another issue i bought up from two years ago, password protected content still doesn't download, needs to be put in manually. sad I'm going back to IDM (again). EG is brilliant for a freebie, just one too many nuisances make it a chore to use on a daily basis. Perhaps it's Microsoft and their instances on having it digitally signed?

Last edited by Karnivore (2016-09-11 19:37:46)

#4 2016-09-12 04:39:56

jackuars

Are you using Firefox or Chrome? On Chrome you can click right click extension next to the url bar and disable the check mark "EagleGet has enabled" which will stop itself from monitoring.

Also I went to the Streamable link that you posted, and EagleGet didn't try to auto-download for me. I didn't have any pop-ups. What version are you using? I still had all monitoring and the extension enabled, and I couldn't recreate your problem..

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

Board footer