EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-29 16:49:01

mouaadable

Why i just stopped using eagle get.

first thanks to all the great devloppers of this amazing software, it is really fast and doing the job.

speed limit: i can't figure out how to set speed limit of every downloding file ! sometimes im downloading at full speed
then i want to check sometine on the phone i need to set speed limit for important files at surtain speed and other files to another speed !
also it feels weird going to the parametre of the software each time instead of just clicking on the downloading window and putting the speed limit ....

downloading file properties: when i lost internet for example and the server does not resume download,
last thing i want is to start it from zero like eagleget do(connection to the server exceed the max number of retries) !!!!!!!
in idman i just start that download from zero then i stop it, go to the files properties just copy the new adress and referrer, go back to the old file click properties and paste them
and the download resume, works with 99% of servers.
Now, where is file properties in eagle get ? !!!!!!!!!!! there isnt.

today i'm downloading a rom for a friends phone with eagle get from google drive server(1.3GB), it reaches 0.9 GB and it says file completed, when i opens it says file damaged cant extract it
when i checked file size on drive, it is only 0.9 gb, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! im so angry; internet is slow now and this is the third file i can't get because of eagle get.

and also a lot of mistakes in this software i can't think of now

this software is amazing, its just no there yet.

best regards,

Mouad

#2 2017-07-29 17:46:29

jackuars

Re: Why i just stopped using eagle get.

When it shows "connection exceeded max.no of retries" you can just right click and select "refresh link address" to resume the download.

Sometimes when it shows the file completed message for me, and when the file seems to be damaged, i simply change the extension of the software to the desired one to open it.

I've never used speed limit feature, but can't you set it for all downloads from Configuration->Connection-Download speed limit

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

#3 2017-07-29 19:20:02

mouaadable

i know that, you can't resume download from all websites, thats why i'm using the methode i explained above.

file is damaged because it is not completed and it is zip file.

#4 2017-08-01 02:22:37

alifunterz
Website

Mouaadable, Yes you are right! Unfortunately, There are a lot of bugs in this software now.

1. The speed limiter is not working properly.
2. Any YouTube Video of 480p (After Downloaded with Eagleget) would not have sound.
3. It is not automatically updating (For example, I have the old version 2.0.4.24, I did 'Manual Update' after 'Updating' It is showing the same version again and If I'm checking for new version again It is showing option for update again. Although, I just downloaded the newest version from the website and Manually Installed the Software and then It is updated fine.
4. Also I need an option for "Turn Off Computer When Downloading Finished" because sometimes I download a big file and sleep at night so I want to Turn Off My Computer automatically.

#5 2017-08-01 19:12:52

mouaadable

yes thanks for the confirmation alifunterz,
we hope they take this thread in mind and fix these bugs

your 4th suggestion is a must! with the option to force shutdown in case something went wrong as an option too.

#6 2017-08-05 00:26:00

alifunterz
Website

Yes Mouaadable, The support team should be check this thread and fix all the possible bugs as soon as possible. Thanks for this thread man!

#7 2017-08-05 10:40:12

mouaadable

no worries man, we hope so

#8 2017-08-05 13:23:51

jackuars

alifunterz wrote:

Mouaadable, Yes you are right! Unfortunately, There are a lot of bugs in this software now.

1. The speed limiter is not working properly.
2. Any YouTube Video of 480p (After Downloaded with Eagleget) would not have sound.
3. It is not automatically updating (For example, I have the old version 2.0.4.24, I did 'Manual Update' after 'Updating' It is showing the same version again and If I'm checking for new version again It is showing option for update again. Although, I just downloaded the newest version from the website and Manually Installed the Software and then It is updated fine.
4. Also I need an option for "Turn Off Computer When Downloading Finished" because sometimes I download a big file and sleep at night so I want to Turn Off My Computer automatically.

2. Go to Configuration->Automation->Download ffmpeg and then locate the file through "Browse" option->Click Ok. This will solve the problem. This is because Youtube stores audio and video separately for 480p and 1080p video

4. This option can also be found in Configuration-Automation->After completing all transfers (choose what to do)

2. EagleGet gives the option to update through a window automatically but this happens normally only 2-3 days after the software is updated.

1. The speed limiter can be set globally through Configuration->Connection-Download speed limit but not for individual files

#9 2017-08-07 12:33:23

alifunterz
Website

jackuars wrote:

2. Go to Configuration->Automation->Download ffmpeg and then locate the file through "Browse" option->Click Ok. This will solve the problem. This is because Youtube stores audio and video separately for 480p and 1080p video

4. This option can also be found in Configuration-Automation->After completing all transfers (choose what to do)

3. EagleGet gives the option to update through a window automatically but this happens normally only 2-3 days after the software is updated.

1. The speed limiter can be set globally through Configuration->Connection-Download speed limit but not for individual files

Wow, All of those solutions are working great, Thanks man! I'm extremely sorry for my False-Positive comment. Thanks for the great software and for the great management and support of Eagleget Team specially Mr. Jackuars.

#10 2018-01-04 05:18:49

Munishk

mouaadable wrote:

first thanks to all the great devloppers of this amazing software, it is really fast and doing the job.

speed limit: i can't figure out how to set speed limit of every downloding file ! sometimes im downloading at full speed
then i want to check sometine on the phone i need to set speed limit for important files at surtain speed and other files to another speed !
also it feels weird going to the parametre of the software each time instead of just clicking on the downloading window and putting the speed limit ....

downloading file properties: when i lost internet for example and the server does not resume download,
last thing i want is to start it from zero like eagleget do(connection to the server exceed the max number of retries) !!!!!!!
in idman i just start that download from zero then i stop it, go to the files properties just copy the new adress and referrer, go back to the old file click properties and paste them
and the download resume, works with 99% of servers.
Now, where is file properties in eagle get ? !!!!!!!!!!! there isnt.

today i'm downloading a rom for a friends phone with eagle get from google drive server(1.3GB), it reaches 0.9 GB and it says file completed, when i opens it says file damaged cant extract it
when i checked file size on drive, it is only 0.9 gb, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! im so angry; internet is slow now and this is the third file i can't get because of eagle get.

and also a lot of mistakes in this software i can't think of now

this software is amazing, its just no there yet.

best regards,

Mouad

Can you please explain the method of resuming the download because I didn't understood what you said about properties and stuff because I was downloading a file of 60gb and it stucked at 56gb. Thankyou

Last edited by Munishk (2018-01-04 05:20:08)

#11 2018-01-04 12:27:10

jackuars

Munishk wrote:

Can you please explain the method of resuming the download because I didn't understood what you said about properties and stuff because I was downloading a file of 60gb and it stucked at 56gb. Thankyou

Right click on the download task and try "Refresh download" which opens up the web browser page and you can click download to continue the download if the link is expired

#12 2018-01-04 12:39:44

Munishk

jackuars wrote:
Munishk wrote:

Right click on the download task and try "Refresh download" which opens up the web browser page and you can click download to continue the download if the link is expired

Tried refreshing it many times it didn't worked and at last it failed?

Board footer