EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-03 22:54:15

ianas

new EagleGet 2.0.4.70 full of malware what wore you thinking

I don't know what you guys wore smoking embedding lum_sdk32.dll and using Luminati SDK in EagleGet (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I mean using your users bandwidth how the hell can you make money from my bandwidth unless selling it to 3rd parties for abuse
do you want your user base to become a botnet zombie army?
I respect that you asked us before leeching our bandwidth for nefarious purposes so I could uninstall the latest version and go back to an older build
there are other ways to make money don't install adware in our system
remove Luminati SDK or see your app being labeled malware and killed off

if you don't stop with this Luminati crap I'll be looking for an alternative and say goodbye to EagleGet it was good while it lasted

Last edited by ianas (2018-08-03 23:18:44)

#2 2018-08-03 22:57:38

sjgosai

Re: new EagleGet 2.0.4.70 full of malware what wore you thinking

The setup file has been corrupted, please redownload it from www.eagleget.com. I see this error with the latest portable version EagleGetProtable_2.0.4.70.Please help.

#3 2018-08-04 00:20:25

ianas

the portable version is missing net_updater32.exe part of the Luminati SDK malware which is included in the installer
as far as I can tell 2.0.4.70 has been dynamically linked with lum_sdk32.dll  if you don't want your PC becoming a bot I'd recommend staying on the previous version as the only thing new in 70 is the malware
I'd like to hear an official statement from the devs as to why they've chosen to infect our PC's

#4 2018-08-04 11:25:23

GodForbid

Uninstalled. I'll use FDM.

#5 2018-08-05 04:08:44

zen

I am uninstalling too; I don't need malware in my PC.  what's this "net_updater32" that is constantly trying to access the internet!  Don't list your program as freeware when you try to install all kinds of unnecessary crap with it.  Besides, what good is it to accelerate a download when at the same time you try to steal my bandwidth.  Too bad, it used to be a good DM before all these changes.

#6 2018-08-06 05:22:39

jackuars

While costs to endure have been the reason for this move, I use the Free (Ads) option that displays a non-intrusive small static ad for iNewTab, a Chrome extension developed by EagleGet, on the bottom left of the main UI.

This way it doesn't use my processor resources. You have an option here, unlike most other freeware softwares out there that doesn't give one.

Help Eagleget to keep this software Free is a thread that I decided to create when EagleGet started including ads to recover the development costs, because I felt it could turn out to be a problem for some folks.

Ques. What's faster than Light? Ans. EagleGet!

#7 2018-08-07 01:27:58

ianas

jackuars wrote:

While costs to endure have been the reason for this move, I use the Free (Ads) option that displays a non-intrusive small static ad for iNewTab, a Chrome extension developed by EagleGet, on the bottom left of the main UI.

This way it doesn't use my processor resources. You have an option here, unlike most other freeware softwares out there that doesn't give one.

Help Eagleget to keep this software Free is a thread that I decided to create when EagleGet started including ads to recover the development costs, because I felt it could turn out to be a problem for some folks.

I'm calling you on your BS while I have no problem with ads as older versions of EagleGet already displayed ads in the media grabber window
r5YRzCk.png
the above is from 2.0.4.60 which I currently have
it also had the inewtab addon which also served ads
this new version installs a windows service that runs at boot an makes your pc into a zombie bot which can be used as a vpn exit point and abused for different purposes from downloading torrents to running DOS attacks and other nefarious tasks it doesn't share your bandwidth but it steals your identity I'm not blaming the EG devs for this but the people behind Luminati  who will sell your IP to anyone interested and who would be interested in an untracable IP except hackers scammers or foreign governments (I'm not murican and I'm including the nsa and cia in the above list)
I have no problems with ads the EG devs can redesign their app to always show an add while it's running I'd use it if they had an iNewTab addon for Firefox I'd install it but this hackware is beyond bad the only reason most antivirus's haven't  removed it like they do opencandy is because Luminati  is relatively new and unknown but I expect soon both lum_sdk32.dll and net_updater32.exe will be branded malware and removed by all antivirus's and you'll end up with a broken app as Eagleget refuses to run without those two windows binaries
atm I'll stay on 2.0.4.60 from filehippo as that is the last clean version
https://filehippo.com/download_eagleget/85664/
if things don't change I'll move to the way I have my Linux box setup and that is to use uGet as my download manager with uget-integrator so I can get it integrated in Firefox which is opensourced and clean (I don't like FDM)
http://ugetdm.com/downloads-windows
https://github.com/ugetdm/uget-integrat … stallation

#8 2018-08-08 00:58:51

ramon123

I am not against nonintrusive ads and in fact that's what I opted for when I installed EG but it ignored my choice and the "net_updater32" was constantly trying to access the internet.  Some people may have the luxury of sparing their bandwidth and unkowingly becoming part of a netbot.  I don't have that luxury.  It's not a coincidence that people from Luminati were trying to white list their files with Malwarebytes.  In fact they offered their crap to Malware Hunter but they refused because they know the consequences.  All in all, it's not worth the headache and there is plenty of free DMs to choose from.

#9 2018-08-09 11:08:54

zpche

ianas wrote:

I don't know what you guys wore smoking embedding lum_sdk32.dll and using Luminati SDK in EagleGet (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I mean using your users bandwidth how the hell can you make money from my bandwidth unless selling it to 3rd parties for abuse
do you want your user base to become a botnet zombie army?
I respect that you asked us before leeching our bandwidth for nefarious purposes so I could uninstall the latest version and go back to an older build
there are other ways to make money don't install adware in our system
remove Luminati SDK or see your app being labeled malware and killed off

if you don't stop with this Luminati crap I'll be looking for an alternative and say goodbye to EagleGet it was good while it lasted

Dear ianas
    We are very sorry for this kind of inconvenience.
The reason we bundle lumsdk is that we have development expenditures with developers and servers.
and user can repeatly choose to whether agree to use their idle bandwidth.  We are also very cumbersome to bundle lumskd and take a lot of concentration to test it. we can promise that the sdk is safe and it only use the idle bandwidth.
Sorry again to bother you.

Board footer