EagleGet Forum

EG Download Accelerator, All in One Downloader and more.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-27 14:10:00

kosie

Alt key usage

A real newb here, I cannot prevent EagleGet to jump in when I want to d/l.
Running on W7 Pro 64-bit and using the portable v1.0.9.1 of EagleGet.
During the 1st run I allowed all requests, i.e. firewall, anti-virus, WinPatrol, etc.
I then applied install.bat for IE integration, I'm using IE8.
Not using a proxy and under Monitoring I "Enabled Browser Monitoring" plus "Pause browser monitoring by pressing ALT key".

Now this is where I'm confused, before I d/l a very small zipped file I hold down the ALT key before I select the d/l but still EagleGet starts up and I get the usual pop-up window "New Download". I can hit Cancel, close out of EagelGet in the Taskbar, repeat the attempt to d/l but once more EagleGet jumps in?

How do I prevent EagleGet from jumping into the d/l action?

Any suggestions or tips most welcome.
For the rest EagleGet is running perfectly.

#2 2013-07-27 14:16:06

MisterJ

Re: Alt key usage

kosie, please install the latest version of EG, 1.1.0.0pr2, and then let us know how it works.  Find it here.  Welcome to the forum.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

#3 2013-07-27 17:06:00

kosie

Thanks John but the portable version has not been updated yet, it is still 1.0.9.1?
I can extract all the files from the latest install version's exe but I'm sure it is not that simple by just replacing the older with the newer files?

#4 2013-07-27 18:39:40

MisterJ

kosie, there is a newer version today - 1.1.0.0Stable, here.  I am sorry but I cannot answer your questions about the portable version. I don't think a newer one has been released and I know there have been some questions.  The developers will need to respond.  Have you tried disabling the EG ActiveX?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Board footer